Friday, August 12, 2011

My Olive Theory

Finally we’ve reached the motivation behind My Olive Theory. 
For my close friends who are also avid viewers of CBS’s amazingly hilarious sitcom How I Met Your Mother… I needn’t explain.  For those who aren’t aware of the hidden meaning, I’ll quote main character Ted (played by Jason Radnor, narrated by Bob Saget):
“The Olive Theory is based on my friends Marshall and Lily.  He hates olives, she loves them. 
In a weird way, that’s what makes them such a great couple – perfect balance.” 
I mentioned previously that my boyfriend and I discovered our own Celery Theory among other things: I cook, he washes dishes; he picks the TV show, I get a foot massage… total perfect balance. 
It’s as simple as that.  Too salty or under seasoned?  Bland or brilliant?   That balance is needed not only for cooking or relationships, but for harmony in just about everything in our lives.   
We deserve it.
 


1 comment:

Kevin said...

We do!